Sunday, November 20, 2011

Penn State Scandal

Anyone who keeps up with the news has heard about the Penn State Scandal. It's a very sad and disheartening story and from what I know thus far an example of unethical leadership. When I was studying for our last exam, I found a perfect example that made me think of Joe Paterno. One component of Kidder’s (2005) Four-Dilemma Paradigm Model is truth versus loyalty. From what I understand Joe Paterno knew to some extent that Jerry Sandusky was a very disturbed and sick man, and yet after some action was taken Paterno still did not follow through in ensuring that Sandusky did not have contact with innocent youth. I believe Paterno suffered with acknowledging the truth about Sandusky because he was so loyal to him. The whole thing just makes me sick to my stomach. This should have been put to rest a long time ago, but all I can do now is pray for justice.


Thanks & Gig'Em!


T

No comments:

Post a Comment